Fri January 23, 2009
BATAVIA MAINSTREET PRESS RELEASE
4 ½ W Wilson St
Batavia, IL 60510
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Contact: Britta McKenna, (630) 761-3528, email@example.com
January 23, 2009
Batavia MainStreet announces the kick off of their 2009 Batavia photography contest. The new downtown brand, “Always Moving by Nature” has inspired this contest to capture Batavia, especially the historic downtown, through the eyes of those who live, work and visit Batavia. The contest is open February 1, 2009 and the deadline is October 16, 2009 to submit entries. The length of the contest allows entrants to photograph Batavia in all four seasons according to contest rules. Interested persons should read the contest rules for more information on the types of photos and submission information.
Batavia MainStreet “Always Moving, by Nature” Photography Contest Rules
1. The BMS 2009 Photography Contest is open to both amateurs and professionals.
2. Photographs must be taken in the City of Batavia, Illinois; preference given to historic downtown Batavia photographs. Photos should be clearly identifiable as taken in Batavia, Illinois.
3. The theme is “Always Moving, by Nature.”
4. All photographs must be VERTICAL. No exceptions. Black and white and color photographs are both acceptable. No digital enhancements or alterations allowed.
5. An unframed 8” x 10” hard copy of each photograph submitted plus a digital version (.jpg .tiff or .psd) on CD Rom; Pixels must be 300 dpi (or better) or 2400 pixels (wide) by 3000 (tall).
6. Contest is open February 1, 2009 to October 16, 2009.
7. Twelve (12) winners will be announced in early November, 2009 (one depicting each month of the year); winning photographs are displayed in the MainStreet winter arts walk and framed as award winning and will be used in a Batavia marketing campaign in 2010.
8. Photographs not selected as a monthly award winner may be placed on display at the winter arts walk; no photographs will be returned, but may be picked up at the Batavia MainStreet office at 4 ½ W Wilson St. (630) 761-3528 after December 15, 2009.
The Batavia MainStreet Program is one of 58 not-for-profit, community based organizations in the state of Illinois. The mission of Batavia MainStreet is to enhance the identity of Batavia’s downtown area as the heart of our community. MainStreet members work through the four points: Design, Economic Restructuring, Organization and Promotion to improve the downtown district. MainStreet volunteers believe the revitalization of Downtown Batavia is essential to our community’s sense of pride, place, and heritage for this and future generations. For more information about Batavia MainStreet or to volunteer, please contact Britta McKenna at (630) 761-3528 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.